- The figure below show the different steps in the 5 levels to reach a fully digitalized system in digital pathology.
- The presentation shows the completeness applied for the experience in Andalusia, Spain.
- It is a case example useful for all interested readers in terms of replication and scaling up.
- We are also in the first phase of this maturity matrix: this means that right now we are able to efficiently:
- acquire images
- store images
- distribute images
- present images
- The team of the presenter is currently working on the design of the PACS* system, more precisely on the normalization of this storage system for pathology and to integrate them with the hospital information system.
- Of course, the e-learning and teleconferencing are already working very well in pathology, but there still is a lot of work to do in data mining, clinical collaboration, innovative ways to store DNA data, PACS data storage and a full EMR integration (Electronic Medical Record).
*PACS stands for Picture Archive and Communication System. It is an integrated pathology management system
Marcial Garcia-Rojo, MD. Teledermatopathology. 8th World Congress of Teledermatology, Skin Imaging and AI in Skin diseases – November 2020