- Combining different sources of data are the fundamentals of personalized medicine. The developed tools are called personomics.
- Dermatopathology digital slides thus constitute a data source and it can solve specific problems integrating approaches between digital pathology, clinical data, pathology data, and so on.
- Indeed interesting solutions could be obtained using deep learning such as for classification of lesions (melanocytic lesions for example).
Tumor detection and delineation (segmentation)
- Automatic detection of tumor and detection and segmentation of tumoral areas combined with the integration of molecular and morphological data will be very interesting in tumor heterogeneity analysis and to discover new entities.
- Example biomarker quantification of PD-L1.
Marcial Garcia-Rojo, MD. Teledermatopathology. 8th World Congress of Teledermatology, Skin Imaging and AI in Skin diseases – November 2020