- Digital slides compared to glass slides have several advantages:
- Digital slides are easier to analyze as they need to be viewed in full
- Annotatation of the areas of interest is possible at least manually.
- Identification of the specimen and of the patient is guaranteed through traceability a tracking system.
- Diagnosis is of better quality:
- Again tools making sure that the complete slide has been reviewed. Indeed, we have these tools that we didn’t have with the conventional microscopes before.
- Automatic image analysis integrated for quantification of biomarkers.
- Delineation and interpretation of the lesion of interest can be done automatically through segmentation.
Marcial Garcia-Rojo, MD. Teledermatopathology. 8th World Congress of Teledermatology, Skin Imaging and AI in Skin diseases – November 2020