- Often, in inpatient and urgent care settings you may not have access to subspecialty care like dermatology.
- For a lot of people in a lot of situations, it became telemedicine or no medicine, whether we like it or not:
- Suddenly we were forced to confront the utility of telemedicine even those who have been very resistant had to use it because more clearly than ever the choice was between no care or telemedicine.
- The AAD COVID-19 task force reached out and educated the providers and the public, so that updated implementation of models of care that use telemedicine could become sustainable ad an added practical specialty to healthcare.
- In practice publications and guidance sought to give information about how to be up-to-date with the codes and just practical ways of starting workflows and how to integrate this so that practices could stay afloat.
Jules Lipoff. Teledermatology in the US. 8th World Congress of Teledermatology, Skin Imaging and AI in Skin diseases – November 2020