The project is run by Dr Christophe Hsu, MD. While working as a dermatologist, he became aware of the power of digital health in Telemedicine in the field of health. Currently running a digital health project in the filed of pediatric dermatology (PASSION project, www.telederm.ai) and a board member of the International Society of Teledermatology, he has prepared this website to learn and communicate around Teledermatology and Digital Health.
Full CV below (read in French)
Postgraduate Studies/ Activities
- Medical Thesis (Department of Dermatology, delivered by the University of Geneva) delivered in August 2006, “Les kératoses séborrhéiques: évaluation des modèles rétentionnel et prolifératif” under Prof JH Saurat.
- Residency in clinical Dermatology (April 2004-April 2006) (Geneva University Hospital, Geneva; Prof JH Saurat)
- Residency in Pathology (October 2006-October 2007) (Geneva University Hospital)
- Residency in clinical Dermatology (October 2007-September 2009)(National Skin Centre, Singapore; Prof Goh CL) (Accredited by the Swiss Medical Association)
- Specialist in Dermatology and Venerology (FMH, Switzerland) (January 2010)
- F1000 Associate Faculty Member (September 2009 – January 2012)
- Editor – Global Dermatology Information Portal (January 2010 – May 2017))
- Private Practice (Medical Dermatology; 4 Boulevard James-Fazy, 1201 Geneva) (March 2010 -….): Link
- Consulting Medical Dermatologist (Centre Médical du Lignon, Geneva, Switzerland) (November 2010 -May 2015)
- Editor – Dermatology News Daily facebook page (March 2011 -…)
- Medical Dermatology Consultant at Aesthetics Geneva, Switzerland) (September 2011 – August 2012)
- Cofounder of the “Centre de Dermatologie de Cornavin” (January 2013)
- JAAD Editorial Board: International Facebook Correspondent (Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology) (March 2014 – June 2018)
- Webeditor – Dermatologica Helvetica (Journal of the Swiss Society of Dermatology and Venereology – SSDV, SGDV) (April 2014 -May 2019)
- Medical Education Coordinator (Dermatology) – Global Dermatology Information Portal (September 2014-August 2018)
- Head of Teledermatology – Delta Healthcare Network (May 2017 – …)
- JAAD Editorial Board: Special Editor for Social Media (Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology) (July 2018 – June 2020). Under Editor-in-Chief Dirk Elston, MD. This position replaces the role of International Facebook Correspondent (2014-2018) under Bruce Thiers, MD (Editor Emeritus).
- JEADV Editorial Board: Associate Editor (Link)(Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology) (September 2018 – …). Under Editor-in Chief Prof. Dr. Johannes Ring.
- University Hospital Basel: Consultant in Teledermatology and Artificial Intelligence (Department of Dermatology) (November 2018 –…). Faculty: Link
- Global lead of the PASSION project (funded by Fondation Botnar): Link (January 2020 – …)
- I-DAIR: Senior lead (Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies)(January-April 2020). [International Digital Health and Artificial Intelligence Research Collaborative]
- Visiting Professor, Xiangya Hospital; Central South University
[Changsha, Chine (May 2020 – May 2025)]
- 客座教授, 中南大学湘雅医院 [中国长沙 (从2020年5月到2025年5月)]
- JAAD Editorial Board: International Social Media Team (Link)(Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology) (July 2020 – …). Under Editor-in-Chief Dirk Elston, MD. This position replaces the role of Special Editor for Social Media (2018 – 2020)
- International Psoriasis Council: Telemedicine Working Group, Member (Link) (September 2020-…)
- International Society of Teledermatology Secretary, Member of the Board (Link) (November 2020 – …)
- Signe de Leser-Trélat associé à une transplantation cardiaque, Hsu C, Abraham S, Campanelli A, Saurat JH, Piguet V (Poster, Swiss Society of Dermatology Annual Meeting (Zurich), 2005).
- Sign of Leser-Trélat in a heart transplant recipient, Hsu C, Abraham S, Campanelli A, Saurat JH, Piguet V. Br J Dermatol. 2005 Oct;153(4):861-2.
- Prevalence of Body dysmorphic features in patients undergoing cosmetic procedures at the National Skin Centre, Hsu C, Ali Juma H, Goh CL. Dermatology. 2008 Jul 8 (epub).
- A 4-year retrospective review of Lichen Amyloidosis and Macular Amyloidosis patients in a tertiary dermatology center in Singapore, Hsu C, Ali Juma H, Goon A, Goh CL (Poster EADV Berlin 2009)
- A 4-year retrospective review of Lichen Amyloidosis and Macular Amyloidosis patients in a tertiary dermatology center in Singapore, Hsu C, Ali Juma H, Goon A, Goh CL. JBMS. 2009 Oct; 21(4)
- Disseminated tuberculosis presenting with polymorphonuclear effusion and septic shock in an HIV-seropositive patient: a case report. Nancoz O, Kherad O, Perrin E, Hsu C, Lobrinus JA, Nendaz M. J Med Case Reports. 2010 May 26;4(1):155.
- Cysteamine Cream as a New Depigmenting Product. Hsu C, et al.. National Skin Centre Update. Meeting May 2012 (Poster, Singapore)
- Cysteamine Cream as a New Depigmenting Product. Hsu C., et al. European Academy of Dermatology (EADV) Annual Meeting September 2012 (Poster; Prague, Czech Republic)
Cysteamine Cream as a New Depigmenting Product. Hsu C. et al.. JAAD Supplement to the AAD Annual Meeting February 2013 (Poster; Miami, USA). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2012.12.781
- Skin, Mind and Soul (ebook) translated from “La Peau et ses Etats d’Ame” by Danièle Pomey-Rey MD; 2016 (July) available on kobobooks.com (free) and Amazon.
- Psoriasis: identifying trends through search engines. Hsu C. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2018 Oct;32(10):1628. doi: 10.1111/jdv.15217.
- Building an Online Presence as a Dermatologist. EADV News No 67, 2019 (Link; page 18)
- Position Statement on Atopic Dermatitis in Sub-Saharan Africa: current status and roadmap. Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Takaoka R, Ahogo KC, Belachew WA, Brown SJ, Correia JC, Correia M, Degboe B, Dorizy-Vuong V, Faye O, Fuller LC, Grando K, Hsu C, Kayitenkore K, Lunjani N, Ly F, Mahamadou G, Manuel RCF, Kebe Dia M, Masenga EJ, Muteba Baseke C, Ouedraogo AN, Rapelanoro Rabenja F, Su J, Teclessou JN, Todd G, Taïeb A. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2019 Nov;33(11):2019-2028. doi: 10.1111/jdv.15972.
- Christophe Hsu: le dermatologue qui à l’Afrique à fleur de peau (in French), published in “le Temps” (February 2020): Link
- Digital health and Covid-19: Key lessons for a broader conversation about global health data governance. Hsu C, Hilali I, Venkatasubramanian A, Diamond M, Fegert M. Foraus (thinktank on Swiss foreign policy; July 2020): Link
- Künstliche Intelligenz zur Unterstützung der Telemedizin am Beispiel Afrikas. Greis C, Maul LV, Djamei V, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA. Der Hautarzt; August 2020: Link (In German)
- The Digital Dermatology Paradigm Shift. Hsu C. EADV Newsletter; Summer 2020: Link
- Information on the Net: Global Dermatology Information Portal
- February 2008:Fibroblast Growth Factor receptor 3 Mutations in Epidermal Nevi and Associated Low Grade l Bladder Tumors.Hernandez S, Toll A et al.JID (2007, July), Volume 127 (National Skin Centre Singapore.
- April 2008: Ultraviolet A exposure might increase metastasis of mouse melanoma: a pilot study,Pastilla et al.Photodermatol. Photoimmunol Photomed 2005; 21: 183-190 (National Skin Centre Singapore).
- May 2008 : Pimecrolimus 1% cream in the treatment of facial psoriasis: A 16-week open label study, Jacobi A et al. , Dermatology 2008; 216: 133-136 (National Skin Centre Singapore).-June 2008 : Efficacy of UVA1 phototherapy in 230 patients with various skin diseases.Rombold S., Lobisch K, Katzer K, Grazziotin TC, Ring J, Eberlein B. Department of Dermatology and Allergy Biederstein, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2008 Feb;24(1):19-23 (National Skin Centre Singapore).
- October 2008: Cutaneous Metastases from different internal malignancies: a clinical and prognostic appraisal. HU S. et al, JEADV 2008, 22, 735-740 (National Skin Centre Singapore).
- December 2008: Treatment of common warts with an intralesional Mixture of 5-Fluorouracil, Lidocaine, and Epinephrine: A prospective Placebo-controlled, Double-Blind Randomized Trial. Yazdanfar A. et al. Dermatol Surg 2008; 34: 656-659 (National Skin Centre Singapore).
- March 2009: Fractional Thermolysis for photoaging of the Hands. JIH M.H. et al, Dermatol. Surg. 2008; 34: 73-78 (National Skin Centre Singapore).
- July 2013: Cysteamine Cream as a New Depigmenting Product. Asian Dermatology Congress (ADC) – Hong Kong
- April 2016: “Dermatology on Social Media.” Regional Congress of Dermatology (RCD) – Singapore
- October 2016: “The Dermatology of Facebook.” Hong Kong Paediatric and Adolescent Dermatology Society – Hong Kong
- May 2019: “Teledermatology between Professionals: a Swiss Experience (keynote speaker).” National Pediatric Dermatology Meeting 2019, organized by Children’s Dermatology Group, Chinese Society of Dermatology and Hunan Children’s Hospital – Changsha, PRC
- September 2019: “AI in Dermatology (chair).” Intelligent Health AI 2019 – Basel, Switzerland
- Presentations on the PASSION project:
- December 2019: Bahrain Dermatology, Laser and Aesthetics Conference & Exhibition – Bahrain (oral presentation)
- January 2020: Regional Dermatology Training Centre (RDTC), Moshi, Tanzania (oral presentation)
- May 2020: Foraus think tank talk: Think Tank Talk; Health Data Exchange in Times of Covid 19. (Webinar): Link
- Presentations on the PASSION project:
- September 2020:
- Swiss Society of Dermatology Annual Meeting (oral presentation)
- Lebanese Society of Dermatology Annual Meeting (oral presentation)
- October 2020: October: EADV – Pan Arab league of Dermatologists (PALD) session (oral presentation)
- November 2020: World Congress of Teledermatology, Imaging and AI for Skin Diseases (poster presentation)
- December 2020:
- Bahrain Dermatology, Laser and Aesthetics Conference & Exhibition – Bahrain (oral presentation)
- Middle East International Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine Conference & Exhibition (MEIDAM) – Dubai, UAE (oral presentation)
- Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology (JSID) annual meeting (poster presentation)
- World Skin Health Day – Guinea (oral presentation)
- January 2021: Regional Dermatology Training Centre (RDTC), Moshi, Tanzania (oral presentation)
- September 2020:
- Association des Médecins du Canton de Genève (AMG) (Geneva Medical Association)
- Groupement des Dermatologues Genevois (GDG) (Geneva Dermatology Association)
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH)
- Swiss Society of Dermatology and Venereology (SSDV-SGDV)
- Singapore Medical Association (SMA)
- Dermatological Society of Singapore (DSS)
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology (JSID) (日本研究皮膚科学会)
- European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology (EADV)
- International Society of Teledermatology